Friday, July 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday : Today's Prompt : BEAUTIFUL

START (using my cell phone's timer)

I can hear her laughter from the other room. My beautiful daughter. My little princess that I never thought I would have. She's laughing with her brother. I'm sometimes amazed at how close they are. Him, at twelve, a budding adolescent on the verge of teen hood; and she is, at age two just getting to know this world. I remember thinking years ago that I wasn't worthy of having a daughter in my life. I somehow felt that I had failed so badly at being a woman that God didn't trust me with raising another one. I had my two amazing son's that I love with all my heart but what woman doesn't want a little mini her? Outwardly I gave up on my desire for a little girl, but my closest friends knew I still wanted one.

Then it happened. I discovered I was pregnant much to my unplanned chagrin. I worried how the boys would react since she has a different father. I worried about many things. Then 5 months later I was told that my little tenant was a girl and although I still worried, I did it with a dreamy smile. Looking back though I realized that God didn't give her to me because I somehow now "deserved" her, but I was given this little princess to transform me. I have become a new person since she entered my life and she is a shining light in my life and her brothers.

When I think of beauty the only think I can picture in my mind are my children. I may not be the best mother in the world  and the kids may not behave all the time, but my children think I'm awesome and that's all I need to make me smile when my shoulders are heavy.

Aaaaand STOP !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, what the heck is Five Minute Friday, you ask?

This is a  blog-prompt project from Lisa-Jo Baker. The way it works is you spend five minutes on writing, as unedited as possible on a prompt that she provides just after midnight on Twitter. This is my first one and it was definitely fun and a great exercise for my writing "muscle"

So, spread the word and join up by clicking the button on the bottom!

Today’s Five Minute Friday selection is also here!

Five Minute Friday



~~ KEEP WRITING ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment