Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Inspiration !

As I had stated before in my first post I recently started writing again after a long hiatus of raising kids and general folly of youth.

Lately though I was feeling a bit wavering of my talents. I thought perhaps I'd lost it over the years, but I trudged on. Making sure I try to write everyday  and entering contests even if I was familiar with the genre. 

This morning I awoke to the most satisfying email ever. I entered a short story contest about a month ago (The 1000 Likes Contest I mentioned on Wednesday, May 22, 2013) and I was informed this morning that I had won!

No cash prize, but I don't write for money anyway. I just feel ... validated and inspired in a way that I am finally listening to my heart and soul and doing something I should have been doing long ago, and if it brings money someday then all the better.

But, I write to leave a piece of me behind when I'm gone one day and because the characters in my head insist to be heard ;-) So, if you see me on Amazon I expect purchases to be made... Thank You dear readers :-)


~~ KEEP WRITING ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment